Monday, May 2, 2011

Portfolio Box

Well, I finished. Well almost. My Senior BFA show.... actually one of two BFA shows was on Friday night. Call me nerdy, or an overachiever, whichever you prefer, but I am incredibly happy that I decided to do a dual emphasis in Printmaking and Graphic Design. I love them both so much! I have made so many friends in both areas and had an incredible education in both areas. I know people think that the arts is a "fun" or "easy" major, but that is absurd. Ask anybody who actually knows the work that we put into art and design, they will tell you it is anything but easy. Moving on...

The BFA show was a huge success. There were hundreds of people who came. Literally. It was such a great night! I had a box made for my portfolio. It is beautiful. Mike Atha over at Restoration Books made it for me. He is incredibly talented and has really beautiful work. I am so pleased with how it turned out. Here is the outside with my logo.

I decided I wanted to use both design and printmaking to make my box.  I really wanted to incorporate my prints.... so I had Mike use my prints to line the box. I think it turned out really nice.

I also did the same for my cards. I used a woodcut print on one side and printed the other and mounted them on illustration board. I love how they turned out. I really like having things you can touch. It was a lot of work but I LOVE how they turned out. I made about 70 of these and only had 2 left. I think people really liked them, I guess I'll have to make some more?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Melissa, your portfolio ended up looking so good. I love your color, the little ball-y ends on your logo, your sweet business cards and prints. I love it! I'll call you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete