Sunday, August 22, 2010

Must unexpected turns always accompany the things I do?

I had a wonderful experience this weekend! Before I get to the good part Ill explain the drama that inevitably has to accompany the great. So Steve and I drove down to Ogden to go camping with his family. It was so much fun! All of the little nephews are so adorable, my word. Anyway so I signed up for a letterpress class with Sycamore Street Press which is located in Heber. Somehow I was led to believe it would only take an hour to get there from where we were... So as im somehow finding my way out of the canyon, trying to use the GPS on my phone I found myself a bit confused. Needless to say I was in a panic, realizing that I still had 2 hours to go and it was now 9:00 (the class started at 10) So of course being the ridiculous female extremist that I'm guessing we all find ourselves being sometimes, I called my dad in hysterics. Sobbing I try and explain my disposition to my dad. I finally decided on the best route (thank you dad for your patience) and was on my way. I have to admit I was speeding most of the way, figuring I could cut the time... While in Park City I was going 90 (shhh don't tell) and passed two cops. The heavens must have been in my favor because they somehow didn't find the need to pull me over. phew!! All in all I made it, only 20 minutes late. It was a great experience! Kirk and Eva have a wonderful shop and beautiful work! You should check it out for sure! We got to make 25 cards and lined envelopes to go with them. I love letterpress! I'm now thinking I want to do a masters at the U for letterpress. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment