Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thank Goodness

Rarely do I (evets) post on this blog.  It has been months.  This weekend finally gave me something to post about.  I have been working at a youth treatment center here in Logan since early this year.  On average I have 7-8 students on my dorm.  We had a crazy, and very eventful weekend with many students breaking many rules.  That is to be expected.  But I started looking at some of the home lives (what little information I have) of my students, and it made me VERY grateful that I grew up in a home with a mother that loved me and cared enough about me to let me know when I did something wrong.  Not everyone is as fortunate as I was.  My mother was sober, hardworking, and did all she could to help us kids employ those same qualities as we grew up and went out into a society that would otherwise knock us down.  I am also grateful for other family members and friends that were willing to step forward and help out when situations required it.  The Church played a huge role in facilitating it all and I am SO thankful for my fortunate placement in this world.

-evets

No comments:

Post a Comment